Special Price $370 (reg $495) for SMC<SUP>3</SUP> Members! Register Now with couponcode 202LIVE!
$520 for Non-members (reg $695). No discount code needed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request notification when registration opens.
Dates and Speakers to be announced for LIVE ZOOM SEMINARS with industry speakers that will be scheduled for October to November.
Instructor: Peter Moore MBA CLM
Designed and written by LTL professionals for LTL professionals, SMC³’s LTL Operations course examines the essentials of LTL from four critical areas: Equipment, Facilities, Network & Technology. Whether working hands-on in a terminal environment or driving LTL business decisions as a shipper or a 3PL, we’ve developed this 8-hour, 8-module course to empower logistics and supply chain professionals to speak the language of LTL with a high level of confidence.
You’ll gain vital insight into:
- Defining LTL industry functions;
- Key operational roles inside and outside the terminal’s gates;
- Identifying truck types, trailers and terminal handling equipment;
- Matching pallet size with freight dimensions;
- Exploring LTL Network Models;
- LTL Networks – the process from pick-up to delivery;
- A crossdock’s purpose and how it works; Defining freight consolidation and deconsolidation;
- Common accessorial services;
- Understanding transportation characteristics;
- Achieving shipper-carrier efficiency gains;
- Avoiding cross-border LTL challenges;
- Understanding on-dock weighing & dimensioning equipment technology, types, processes, and procedures;
- Utilizing dimensioning technology to improve accuracy of dimensions;
- The power of the TMS in LTL;
- Loading sequence and technology solutions;
- The procurement process and technology solutions for conducting a bid;
- LTL goes Mobile – advancements and practical applications for mobile app technology;
- Harnessing the power of LTL Big Data for better business decisions;
- Technology solutions for pricing management and carrier costing.